New year, new quality recognitions
Over the past year and a half, CharterCARE and its affiliates have received dozens of accreditations, certifications, and awards from the country’s leading quality organizations. Among those recognitions:
CharterCARE Health Partners
- Roger Williams Medical Center, Fatima Hospital, and CharterCARE Provider Group were the first institutions in Rhode Island to be certified as Level of Care 1 Facilities for treating overdose and opioid use disorders. The designation was granted by the Department of Health, along with the Department of Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities, and Hospitals.
- CharterCARE Home Health Services was re-accredited by The Joint Commission.
Roger Williams Medical Center
- Joint Commission re-accreditation for Roger Williams Medical Center
- Hematology/Oncology Division recertification from the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative
- Joint Commission re-certification as a Primary Stroke Center program
- Blood Bank reaccreditation from the American Association of Blood Banks and the College of American Pathologists
- Full accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers for the Roger Williams’ Breast Health Program
- Recertification from The Joint Commission for Advanced Palliative Care
- A successful MRI and CT scan site validation survey from the American College of Radiology
Our Lady of Fatima Hospital
- Two year re-certification from The Joint Commission for Total Hip and Total Knee Disease Specific Programs
- A successful Joint Commission survey and re-accreditation for spine surgery programs
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center certification from The Joint Commission
- Successful accreditation survey from the College of American Pathologists for the Fatima laboratory
- Accreditation from the American College of Radiology for the main ultrasound and vascular laboratory for the following services: Obstetrical (first trimester only), Gynecological, (General) and Vascular.
- A successful Mammography Quality Standards Act visit from the Rhode Island Department of Health for the Department of Radiology
- Fatima Hospital was the recipient of the 2017 Edward J. Quinlan Award for Patient Safety Excellence at the Hospital Association of Rhode Island’s “Celebration of Excellence”
St. Joseph Health Center
- NYU Lutheran program in pediatric dentistry at St. Joseph Health Center re-accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.