For well over a century, Roger Williams Medical Center has been a fixture in our community, city and state. We are known as a health provider focused on the highest level of care with a personal touch. Over the years, Roger Williams has been home to a number of firsts in the areas of diagnosis, treatment and research. Today, our legacy of innovation continues as we transform health care in the region as an affiliate of CharterCARE Health Partners and Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc.
We are an academic medical center, affiliated with Boston University School of Medicine, which allows us to train the physicians of tomorrow. The benefits of academic medicine are many: more well-trained physicians and specialists collaborating on your care, access to the latest clinical trials, and treatments that are sometimes not available in a community hospital setting.
That care is administered across a variety of settings. Among those:
- The Roger Williams Cancer Center, which was recently recognized as an Academic Comprehensive Cancer Center;
- The state’s only senior-friendly Emergency Departments (a distinction we share with our affiliate Fatima Hospital);
- The state’s most advanced continuum of elder care, which includes the senior-friendly Emergency Department, specialized geriatric care hospital units, geriatric psychiatry unit, geriatric oncology program, and our home care program;
- The hospital setting, which offers a host of highly regarded inpatient and outpatient services;
- At your residence through our home care programs;
- In community physician offices throughout the state;
- In our laboratory settings inside the hospital and throughout Rhode Island;
- In local neighborhoods, businesses and schools through our community outreach.
Over the years, the quality of our care has earned us many distinctions. Particularly in the area of cancer care, elder care, and gastroenterology, our care is on par with the best in the country. In all specialties, our commitment to advancing medical research, applying what we learn in the patient setting, adhering to the strictest protocols, and measuring clinical outcomes ensure that as a patient here, you receive the highest standard of medical care.