CharterCARE Hospitals Adjust Visitor Guidelines
Roger Williams Medical Center and Our Lady of Fatima Hospital Restores Visitor Access
CharterCARE Health Partners has announced restoration of patient visitor access at both Roger Williams Medical Center and Fatima Hospital. Effective immediately, visiting hours at both hospitals will be from 8am to 8pm.
The following visitor guidelines are now in place:
- Visitors are now allowed except for anyone under the age of 18 or who is sick or has symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- Visitors are required to wear a mask (double masking is at their discretion) and will be screened at the designated check points.
- The current designated entrances at both hospitals will remain the same.
- Social distancing will continue to be always observed in all areas.
- There can be no more than 1 visitor per patient in a shared room and no more than 2 visitors in a private room.
- There are still No Visitors for COVID patients unless authorized in advance by the hospitals’ Chief Nursing Officers.
- The only exceptions will be with end of life patients or advance authorization from the respective Chief Nursing Officers.
- No food, drinks or flowers may be brought into the hospitals until further notice.
CharterCARE CEO Jeffrey Liebman stated “This liberalization of visitor policies is based on the latest guidance from the Rhode Island Department of Health and will safely address the many requests of patients and their families. We will continue to monitor visitor compliance and will maintain constant communication with the Department of Health for any modifications that may be required.”