Being Admitted To Rehabilitation
Admission to the acute rehabilitation program requires medical stability to participate in at least three hours of rehabilitation therapy per day.
Your physician can tell you if you’re ready. To ensure medical stability during your rehabilitation, a physician is available at all times.
What To Bring
We maintain a home-like environment, so patients are encouraged to pack casual, comfortable clothing: (that does not limit movement)
- Shoes, sneakers and slippers
- Changes of socks
- Changes of underwear
- Changes of shirts/t-shirts, jerseys, sweatshirts
- Changes of slacks, pants, jogging suit
- Changes of pajamas/nightgowns
- Personal grooming supplies such as toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush or comb, deodorant and shaving equipment (electric preferred)
- Recreation items, such as small games
- Splints, braces
- Hearing aid and extra batteries
(Please note that the family is responsible for the patient’s laundry.)
Preparing To Go Home
Before discharge, our staff may assess your home setting to be sure it is safe and supportive of your continued progress. We can advise you and your family about changes to your home environment that may be required for your safety. Each patient has a case manager who coordinates a safe and smooth transition.